The Strathcona Hotel is an early twentieth century downtown Victoria landmark that first opened in 1913. The hotel underwent a major renovation that included guest rooms and entertainment attractions such as the Stickey Wicket Pub and the rooftop sand floor volley ball court. The architectural rhythm of the façade is expressed horizontally by five windows designed in the three-panel Chicago-style. They are placed in an off-white masonry structural frame with surface detailing. To promote its upgraded image, management commissioned new exterior lighting.
Photography: Steve Bedard